Full-Time Employment Opportunity
Hutchins Canning & Company, PA, Certified Public Accountants established in 1979, serves Eastern North Carolina and other business clients across the nation. Its primary office is located in Kitty Hawk, NC with a satellite office in Avon, NC. The Firm feels it is its responsibility to provide an environment for the professional and personal development of each team member. We offer an excellent work environment in a beautiful and progressive resort community on the Outer Banks. We offer competitive/market compensation and benefits, including: major medical health insurance, 401k plan, and a flexible spending plan.
The ideal candidate will be forward thinking and an initiator while being a loyal team player with a long-term perspective for his/her professional development and the firm’s growth and development, and will recognize the career opportunity.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsibility for interim accounting services for business clients, including general ledger adjustment, compilation of financial statements, and other bookkeeping services
- Responsibility for local, state, and federal monthly and quarterly taxes for business clients
- Responsibility for payroll services for business clients
- Responsibility for developing working relationships with client personnel
- Prepare year-end financial statements
- Prepare year-end federal and state tax returns for individuals, corporations, and partnerships
- Assist supervisors with client consulting engagements, including tax planning, etc.
- CPA or CPA candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or related field
- Experience in public accounting preferred
- Effective communication skills
- Self-starter/initiative for firm and individual professional and personal growth
- Personal characteristics of integrity and honesty and work well with others on the Firm’s team
- Professional and personal references
All inquiries are confidential. To apply, please email resume to email@example.com. Your interest in our firm is appreciated and important to us. All inquiries will receive a confirmation of receipt. If no confirmation is received, it is possible the original email was caught by our email filter; in that case, please call Ann-Marie South so that we can assure your interest receives the consideration it deserves: (252) 261-1040.